Collection of Information
Information You Provide
Information Collected Automatically
We and our third-party service providers may use a variety of technologies, now and hereafter devised, that automatically record certain usage information about you ('Usage Information'). Usage Information collected is more thoroughly described below. We use this information for a variety of purposes, including to help personalize our Service for you. Your Internet Protocol Address and other items automatically collected may be considered Personal Information. The methods that may be used on the Service to collect Usage Information include:
- Log Information: Log information is data about your use of the Service, such as IP address, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamps, and related data, which is stored in log files.
- Information Collected by Tracking Technologies: We and our third-party service providers may automatically collect information about your interactions with the Service or emails using various tracking technologies, including cookies, web beacons (also known as 'tracking pixels'), embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies, device fingerprinting, in-app tracking methods, and other tracking technologies now and hereafter developed ('Tracking Technologies').
- Web Beacons (“Tracking Pixels”): Web beacons are small graphic images, also known as 'internet tags' or 'clear gifs,' embedded in web pages and email messages. Web beacons may be used to count the number of visitors to the Service, to monitor how users navigate the Service, and to count content views.
- Embedded Scripts: An embedded script is programming code designed to collect information about your interactions with the Service temporarily downloaded onto your device from our web server or a third party with whom we work, active only while you are connected to the Service, and deleted or otherwise deactivated when you are no longer connected to the Service.
- Location-identifying Technologies: GPS (global positioning systems) software, geo-filtering, and other location-aware technologies locate (sometimes precisely) you for purposes such as verifying your location and delivering or restricting relevant content based on your location.
- In-App Tracking Methods: There are a variety of tracking technologies that may be included in mobile apps, and these are not browser-based like cookies and cannot be controlled by browser settings. Some use device identifier, or other identifiers such as “Ad IDs” to associate app user activity to a particular app and to track user activity across apps.
Some information about your use of the Service and certain Third Party Services (defined below) may be collected using Tracking Technologies across time and services and used by us and third parties for purposes such as to associate different devices you use, and deliver relevant ads and/or other content to you on the Service and certain Third Party Services.
For further information on Tracking Technologies and your choices regarding them, please see “Third Party Services, Features, and Devices” and “Your Choices” below.
Information from Other Sources
Use of Information
- to effectuate and manage our Service, identify you as a user of the Service, and help authenticate any account you create with us
- to communicate with you regarding the Service, updates, offers, promotions or surveys available to you (please see “Your Choices” below for additional information on how to manage these communications)
- to help us develop, customize, deliver, administer, support and improve our Service, products, survey offerings, and advertising and to provide you with the best user experience possible
- to prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities and to protect the rights, property and security of SocialLoop and our users
- to respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer service
- to send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, information regarding changes to our policies, and support and administrative messages
- for our internal purposes (such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve our services, and communications) and
- for any other purpose as may be disclosed to you at the point of collection or otherwise with your consent.
Sharing of Information
- With Our Service Providers (i.e., hosting and storage services, software maintenance services, email notifications, database management, analytics, fulfilment services, and others) – these third parties may have access to your Personal Information to perform certain tasks on our behalf but they are not authorized by us to otherwise use or disclose your Personal Information.
- With Our Third Party Survey Providers – if you choose to submit any information or materials to us including Personal Information and Usage Information, without limitation, we may share same, if any, with our third party survey providers. These third party survey providers may ask you for more information.
- To Comply with Laws, Legal Process and Authorities and Protect Rights – we may disclose Personal Information or other information about you to government or law enforcement officials, in connection with subpoenas or judicial process, or to any other third party to protect the property and rights of us or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or may pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable.
- For Business Transfers – in connection with a merger, acquisition, or other change in control, joint venture, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy or liquidation proceeding of SocialLoop, we reserve the right to transfer or otherwise disclose your information, including Personal Information.
- With Our Affiliates for Internal Business Purposes – we may disclose information about you, including Personal Information, with our affiliates for internal business purposes.
- For Direct Marketing Purposes – we may disclose information about you, including Personal Information, with our affiliates, business partners, and other third parties including, survey partners, for their own business purposes, including direct marketing purposes (California residents have certain rights set forth in “Your California Privacy Rights” below).
- With Sponsors and Other Third Parties for Sweepstakes, Contests, Surveys, or Promotions – if you voluntarily participate in a sweepstakes, contest, rewards program, survey or other promotion through our Site or Service, we may share your information, including Personal Information, with the participating sponsors or with third parties who assist us in using the content or other information you have posted or shared with us. By participating, you agree to the official rules that govern that promotion, and may, except where prohibited by applicable law, allow the sponsor and/or other parties to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing materials.
- With your Consent – we may disclose information about you, including Personal Information, with your consent or at your direction, or for purposes disclosed at the time you provide the information.
In SocialLoop’s sole discretion, without limitation, we may share aggregated information (which does not identify you) or de-identified information about you with third parties or affiliates for any purpose.
Third Party Services, Features, and Devices
The Service contains content from and hyperlinks to websites and services operated and owned by third parties (“Third Party Services”), and the Service contains features that allow you to interact with, connect to, or access the Service through certain Third Party Services and third party devices (“Third Party Features”). For example, you interact with a Third Party Service when you “like” or “share” content over social media through our Service or log into an account that you already have with a third party social networking platform. We recommend that you adjust your privacy settings with each social networking platform to control what Personal Information is shared with SocialLoop as a result of these interactions.
The Service also contains Tracking Technologies operated by third parties, including to help us analyze your use of the Service, compile statistic reports on the Service’s activity, and provide other services relating to Service activity and internet usage. The Site utilizes Google Analytics and Mixpanel for such services. Ad services, advertisers, and other third parties may use Tracking Technologies on our Service and Third Party Services to track your activities and tailor ads to you based on same, including sending you an ad on a Third Party Service or third party website after you have left the Service (“Interest-based Advertising”).
For further information on Tracking Technologies and your choices regarding them, please see “Information Collected Automatically” above and “Your Choices” below.
Changing or Deleting Your Information
To view and change Personal Information that you have directly provided to SocialLoop through the Service, you can contact SocialLoop by sending an email to [email protected] or by or sending us a letter to SocialLoop LLC, 1543 E 1260 N Logan, UT 84341. Requests must include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. We are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the provided email address or mail address. Information may also be accessible via the “Policy” section of our Site. We may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity.
Please note we may retain server/backup copies of all such data, and that we may decline to process change or deletion requests that we deem to be unreasonable, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or are not required by law, among other reasons.
Tracking Technologies Generally
You may be able to instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the online services you visit. Please check with your internet browser for further details. To stop all collection of information via an app, you can uninstall the app. You may be able to utilize other privacy choices by adjusting the permissions in your mobile device, including enabling or disabling certain location-based services. Disabling these technologies, however, may result in your inability to use all or portions of the Site or Service.
Analytics and Advertising Tracking Technologies
SocialLoop is not responsible for the effectiveness of, or compliance with, any third-parties’ opt out options or programs or the accuracy of their statements regarding their programs. Some opt out programs include but are not limited to the Digital Advertising Alliance ('DAA') Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising (http://www.aboutads.info/choices and http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices) and the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) (http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/).
To opt-out of receiving certain promotional communications (emails, text messages, and push notifications) from us at any time by: (i) for emails, following the instructions as provided in emails to click on the unsubscribe link, or contacting us at [email protected] with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject field of the email (ii) for text messages, texting “STOP” in response to any text message you receive or contacting us at [email protected] and specifying you want to opt-out of text messages and (iii) for push notifications or in-app messages, adjusting the permissions in your mobile device. Please note that your opt-out is limited to the email address, phone number, or device used and will not affect subsequent subscriptions or, for emails, non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, surveys, transactions, servicing, or our ongoing business relations. You understand that we may send you a text message confirming any opt-out by you.
California Residents' Privacy Rights
- to request a list of what Personal Information (if any) SocialLoop disclosed to third-parties for their own direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties
- to know, from the prior twelve (12) month period, the categories of Personal Information SocialLoop collected, used, disclosed and sold about you (if any), the categories of sources from which this Personal Information was gathered about you, SocialLoop’s business purpose for collecting or selling your Personal Information, the categories of your Personal Information that SocialLoop has either sold or disclosed for a business purpose (if any), and the categories of third parties with whom SocialLoop has shared your Personal Information
- to request that SocialLoop delete the Personal Information it has collected from you or maintains about you
- to opt-out of the sale of your Personal information to third parties (if any) and
- to not receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of the privacy rights provided by the CCPA.
If you are a California resident and wish to obtain information about our compliance with California’s laws pertaining to privacy, please (1) email us at [email protected] (2) submit a request through the Site at www.socialloop.io/ccpa [have to build a separate online form for consumers to submit request for information without requiring that they become members or create accounts] or (3) send us a letter to SocialLoop LLC, 1543 E 1260 N Logan, UT 84341. Requests must include “California Privacy Rights Request” in the first line of the description and include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. Please note that we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the provided email address, website, or mail address.
SocialLoop will respond to a verifiable consumer request (as defined by the CCPA) in accordance with applicable privacy laws. We have the right to require authentication of the consumer due to the nature of the personal information requested.
Under the CCPA, Personal Information does not include (i) information that is lawfully made available from federal, state or local government records, (ii) de-identified or aggregated data or (iii) information excluded from the scope of the CCPA. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of your request (and will not be made more than twice in a 12-month period). If we cannot comply with all or part of a request, the response we provide will also explain the reason(s) why we cannot comply.
EU Residents' Privacy Rights
You have certain rights granted to you by and through the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), among other regulations.
You have the right to make a “subject access request” by sending us an email at [email protected] and SocialLoop is obligated to provide you with a description and copy of such Personal Information collected and to tell you why we have collected and maintained that information.
You may have a right to have your Personal Information rectified or erased, to object to its processing, or have its processing restricted. You have the right to be given the information provided to SocialLoop by consent in machine readable format for transmitting to another data controller.
You have the right to withdraw consent for any information provided to SocialLoop by consent. Any withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of any information processed prior to such withdrawal.
We have undertaken commercially reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized use or access to your information retained in our servers or transmitted to us appropriate to the nature of the information you provide to SocialLoop and designed to protect your information, however, due to the inherent open nature of the internet, we cannot ensure, guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. As such, we will not be liable for disclosures of your personal information or any resulting misuse of your personal information due to errors in transmission or unauthorized acts of third parties, including intrusion, access or manipulation during transmission or other breaches of our servers, the Site, the Service, the internet or any computer network.
Other General Information
SocialLoop processes information on our servers in the United States of America. Your information, including Personal Information, may be transferred to, and used by, entities located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. Such export is a requirement of providing your information to SocialLoop, and you consent to such transfer and use in all respects.
To utilize the Site and the Service, you must be over the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect personal information as defined by the U.S. Children’s Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) from children under 13 in a manner that is not permitted by COPPA, and do not target our online services to children under 13. If we discover that someone under the age of 13 has provided personal information, we will delete such information from our Site and Service to the extent required by COPPA. We encourage parents and guardians to prevent children from submitting information or data on our Service, and to contact us at [email protected] if they believe we have collected personal information from children under 13.